Additional Terms and Conditions of Application and Participation in the Research Fellowship
1. Liability: Second Century Stewardship (SCS), Schoodic Institute, and AAAS do not endorse any submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with submissions.
2. Intellectual Property Rights: SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS do not permit infringement of any intellectual property rights and will disqualify any submission if properly notified that a submission’s contents infringe on another’s rights. In connection with submissions, applicants affirm, represent, and/or warrant that they own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to any and all submissions to enable inclusion and use of the submissions in the manner contemplated by SCS and these Terms and Conditions.
3. Third Party Material: Applicants agree that they will not submit material that is copyrighted by a third party, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the applicant is the owner of such rights or has permission from their rightful owner to submit the material.
4. Legality: By submitting an application, applicants warrant and confirm that the applicant is in compliance with all laws applicable to the application and the work proposed.
5. Publicity: By entering the Research Fellowship, applicants acknowledge that they may be featured in publicity without further consent. Such publicity may include without limitation the applicant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the applicant, biographical information provided by the entrants/winners and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the prizes. Applicants agree that any or all such elements may be used by SCS, Schoodic Institute, AAAS, and partner entities in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world. Nevertheless, SCS, Schoodic Institute, AAAS, and partner entities shall have no obligation to include an entrant in any publicity whatsoever.
6. Plagiarism: By applying for the Research Fellowship, the applicant certifies that materials submitted in the application are the original work of the applicant. No application containing plagiarized writing will be funded under this competition.
7. Lost or Damaged Materials: SCS accepts no responsibility for applications lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, or undelivered. Incomplete, non-compliant, and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access, or otherwise, preventing entry to the competition.
8. Agreement of Terms and Conditions: By submitting an application, the applicant agrees to all of the rights, permissions, and terms and conditions as contained in this document.
9. Dissemination: SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS reserve the right to publicly disseminate general information about submissions. Such information may include: the number of proposals received; the names of applicants and applicant organizations; titles of proposed activities; and sector(s) in which the work is proposed. For individuals receiving prizes, SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS reserve the right to publicly disseminate descriptions of proposals funded, as well as reports about progress and outcomes. All finalists will be expected to provide SCS, Schoodic Institute, and AAAS with reasonable assistance in communicating the outcomes and impacts to the public of their work.
10. Acknowledgements: All publications resulting from research supported by the fellowship should include an acknowledgement of AAAS, Schoodic Institute, NPS, and Second Century Stewardship: Science for America’s National Parks.